Q) Can I schedule my Personal Training and Pilates Appointments online?
A) While you can purchase all Fit services on our site, online scheduling is only enabled for our Group Fitness Classes. Personal Training & Pilates appointments should be scheduled by contacting Fit directly at 312-929-2395 or communicating directly with your Trainer.
Q) If I am a beginner to fitness, can I still participate safely in Fit Lincoln Park’s Group Fitness Classes?
A) Yes! All levels, ages, and ailments are welcome. Our small classes ensure you will get the personal attention you deserve from our well-qualified instructors.
- Make your workout a priority in your calendar. If you have a lot going on for the week, literally schedule it in. That way, no matter how hectic life gets, your health can’t fall by the wayside.
- Vary your exercises, particularly for cardio. Doing the same thing week after week, whether it’s running, biking or playing a sport, can increase your chance of injury. Varying your cardio also challenges your muscle memory, causing you to work harder and burn more calories.
- Work out with a trainer. A personal trainer will be able to inspire you to reach your goals. No matter who good you are at working out, a trainer can make you work harder. Even Kobe Bryant uses a trainer. There’s a reason for that.
- Combine cardio, strength training and flexibility work for optimum results. People who do one or two of these things will see health benefits, but those who do all three will have stronger muscles, a more efficient cardiovascular system and a greater range of motion.
- Try a new exercise or outdoor activity at least once a month. It will stop you from getting bored and give you the ability to truly cross train.
- Give your body fuel before working out. Have at least a small snack before you exercise so that you don’t feel fatigued, and be sure to get enough nutrients throughout your day. The American Dietetic Association recommends that women get at the very least 1,200 calories per day; men should get at least 1,500.
- Think about your abs not just during your workout, but all day. When you regularly engage your abs, they develop greater strength and definition, and you will also protect your back from injury. Simply pull your navel in toward your spine whether you are sitting, standing or walking.
- Enlist moral support. Numerous medical studies have shown that people who exercise with a friend have a much higher likelihood of exercising consistently.
- Don’t diet; change your lifestyle. Regular exercise and good eating habits aren’t a phase. For the best results, create a regimen that you can continue for the rest of your life. Your waistline and your organs will thank you.
- Find a place to work out that educates you. The employees at your gym should welcome questions from you and provide you with the tools you need to exercise safely both with a trainer and on your own. We strive to ensure Fit Lincoln Park does just that.